With new marketing strategies coming up to gain audience attention and interest, it has become crucial to find a way to create personalised and authentic content. This personalised content curated according to the needs and wants of your brand’s audience base helps you enhance your engagement with them. This is where Buyer Persona comes into the picture!
According to the standard definition, it is a fictional representation of your ideal client or target audience. Based on extensive market research and analytics, actual data about your existing customers and a few minor assumptions, you can understand and related to the audience that is interested in your products or services.
About 71% of companies who exceed revenues and lead goals have documented buyer persona!
After understanding what exactly do we mean by buyer persona, we need to take the next step into knowing the importance of it.
Good marketing and branding work on trust, engagement and connection built with the audience base in this new era of marketing strategies and techniques. And accordingly, we all know that one of the best ways to build trust is to show genuine understanding and concern for the customers or audience. Here, buyer persona helps ensure all the processes involving customer acquisition and engagement are personalised and tailor-made according to the buyer’s needs.
The buyer persona acts as the knight in shining armour and helps identify the challenges and pain points of the prospects. Now making the process simpler, your brand can go ahead and find solutions to ease these pain points.
Some of the questions which can be answered with the help of buyer persona are
- Whom to attract? Find the perfect target audience for your brand.
- How to target them? Finding the perfect mode of engagement with the target audience.
- What type of content should be curated to target the customers?
- Where can your brand improve?
We also have 5 key questions from the buyer persona insights:
- What is the reason that your existing customers choose you out of all the brands available in the marketplace? What is your unique selling point?
- What is the result achieved by the customers after purchasing your product as a solution?
- What is the reason that some of the audience do not choose your brand out of all the brands in the marketplace?
- What is the impact that the buyers face when they are evaluating their options and decide to pick one? What are their criteria while judging all the brands?
- What is the unique selling point of your competitors that seems to attract the audience that buys from your competitors?
Now after gathering all the insider information about your audience, be it their favourite place to dine or simply their favourite movie, you can use all this information to your benefit. Creating content around the gathered audience information will not only help you get better engagement with your existing customer base but also will help you attract more potential customers. The only thing you need to keep in mind is being authentic and genuine is the pivotal step.
Author: Shristi Nagarkoti