We have always heard that drinking alcohol is bad for health. How it damages our body parts and how it affects us. But usually, it is not the alcohol that has the major fault but it is usually the amount of alcohol consumed which it is at fault. In fact, alcohol consumed in controlled quantity can actually be advantageous to oneself. It can avert and improve many medical and health conditions.
Here are some common advantages of drinking alcohol in limited quantities:
1. Common cold: Drinking red wine i.e. 1-2 glasses per day helps fight instances of a common cold.
2. Weight loss: Some varieties of red wine play an important role in weight reduction. A variety of wine grapes which is Red Muscadine contains ellagic acid which helps cease and slow down the growth of fat cells.
3. Reduces the risk of cardiovascular diseases: Popularly known as “Good cholesterol” acts as a shield which keeps your heart healthy and fit. Drinking moderate and limited alcohol helps increase this good cholesterol. Small blood clots increase the risk of heart attacks and drinking alcohol puts a check on the formation of this clots.
Also Read: Hangover – 5 best homemade remedies for it
4. Keeping brain cells healthy: Reports say drinking alcohol in limited quantity reduces the risk of Alzheimer. Drinking limited amounts of alcohol makes your brain cells fit and active making dealing with stress much easier.
5. Better libido: Drinking alcohol in controlled quantity also makes your sexual lives better. Research shows that alcohol improves libido.
6. Diabetes-free life: You can have a diabetes-free life by drinking alcohol in limited quantities.
Beer contains high silicon content which strengthens your bones. People drinking limited alcohol are also at a lower risk of getting gallstones. Beer is rich in calcium, magnesium and vitamins.
Author: Ankita Mundhra
If you liked this article, share it with your friends and colleagues through social media. Your opinion matters, please share your comments.