Wants to withdraw PF or EPS money Offline? Know the Rules & Procedure

The PF Composite Claim Form can be used for partial or full to withdraw PF and even for withdrawing the money lying in your EPS account. Depending on whether you have the Aadhaar number or not, there are two forms – Composite Claim Form ( Aadhaar) and Composite Claim Form (Non- Aadhaar).

PF Composite Claim Form: 

Whether you wish to withdraw some money from your provident fund (PF) account for purchasing a home or you wish to make a PF withdrawal on leaving a job, EPFO wants you to fill only one form. The Composite Claim Form (CCF) can be used for partial or full withdrawal of PF money and even for withdrawing the money lying in your EPS account. Depending on whether you have the Aadhaar number or not, there are two forms – Composite Claim Form ( Aadhaar) and Composite Claim Form (Non- Aadhaar).

Composite Claim Form (Aadhaar)

If you have submitted Form-11 (New) to your employer and your Aadhaar number and bank account details are available on the UAN Portal and UAN has been activated, then you are eligible to fill the Composite Claim Form (Aadhaar) form. Thereafter, as per the PF withdrawal rules, the form can be submitted to the concerned EPFO office without attestation of the claim form from the employer. You will also be required to attach a cancelled cheque that carries your name. The payment from EPFO will get directly credited to your bank account.

The PF Composite Claim Form can be used for any of the three needs:

a) To make part withdrawals or advances such as for home purchase etc.

b) To make a full and final withdrawal of PF funds

c) To withdraw pension money lying in the Employees’ Pension Scheme (EPS) account.

To make part withdrawals or advances

If you are looking to withdraw a portion of your PF funds for purchasing a home etc, you will need to fill the Composite Claim Form. Such partial withdrawals are referred to as Advances from PF account and are non-refundable. It means after withdrawing there is no provision to put it back into the PF account as it is not considered a loan. Amongst others, the part-withdrawal can be for any of the following reasons:

Also Read: How to Withdraw EPF Online| EPF Final Settlement.

a) In case of a housing Loan or purchase of a house or for construction or alteration in an existing house or for repayment of home loan.

b) In case of a lockout or closure of the factory.

c) In the case of Illness of self or a family member.

d) In the case of marriage of self, son, daughter, brother or sister

e) In the case of post matriculation education of children.

To make full and final withdrawal of PF funds

For withdrawing PF funds, after a gap of two months of leaving a job, you can make full withdrawal using the EPF withdrawal composite claim form. You need to enter the date of leaving service, your PAN number etc while submitting the new PF withdrawal form. One will also be required to fill the reason to leave service which could be – On the account of the health of the individual, discontinuation of employer’s business or any other cause.

There could be an incidence of tax deducted at source (TDS) on your PF money. The TDS will be deducted by EPFO if the service period is less than 5 years i.e 60 months. In case the PAN is submitted, TDS of 10 per cent will be deducted else 34.608 per cent of the PF funds will be taxed, provided Form 15G/H is not submitted.

Withdrawal of pension money from EPS

If you have less than ten years of continuous service, you can withdraw the EPS money while making a full withdrawal of PF funds. As an employee, 12 per cent of your basic pay goes into PF while an equal share is made by the employer. However, out of employer share, 8.33 per cent ( of a maximum Rs 15,000) goes into EPS each month. This EPS money can be withdrawn using the Composite Claim Form.

Whichever form you choose and whatever is your need, make sure to read the instructions properly before submitting the filled up forms. The process to withdraw PF money has also become online, however, if you still want to go through the offline mode, you need to fill up the CCF form.

Composite Claim Form (Non-Aadhaar)

The EPFO has simplified the norms for provident fund withdrawal. Subscribers who are yet to seed Aadhaar and bank details, a new composite claim form has been introduced by the EPFO which has to be submitted with attestation of employers for any claims.

Non-Aadhar Based Full Withdrawal Forms can be used when Aadhar has not been attached with UAN.

In Non-Aadhaar Composite Claim Form more information is required.

Here are the extra things which you need to mention in your Non-Aadhaar Composite Claim Form:

PF Account Number: Most people do not have the Universal Account Number (UAN) with them. UAN stands for Universal Account Number to be allotted by EPFO. The UAN will act as an umbrella for the multiple Member Ids allotted to an individual by different establishments. UAN helps users to view their accumulated PF funds under one platform. If do not have the UAN number, you can provide your PF number to the EPFO department by mentioning the details in the Composite Claim Form.

Date of Joining: The date of joining the company should be mentioned in the form. The employees are to fill details of members who have joined the establishment.

Date of Birth: Date of birth of the employee should be given in the form. Date of birth will be present in the Aadhaar card and PAN card. If you do not have these, you need to mention the birth date in the Composite Claim Form (Non-Aadhaar).

Father’s Name, Husband’s Name: You need to provide the detailed name of your father or the detailed name of your husband. You also need to certify that the particulars provided by you are true to your knowledge.

Bank Details: Non-Aadhaar card holder needs to carry a copy of canceled cheque or the copy of the first page of their bank passbook. The details on the first page should be clearly mentioned.

The following bank details should be filled:

a) Savings bank account number

b) Name and address of the bank

c) IFSC code

Full Postal Address: The postal address of the applicant including your pin number, house number etc should be mentioned in the Composite Claim Form (Non-Aadhaar).

PAN Card Number: Permanent account number or PAN number is a unique 10-digit alphanumeric identity allotted to each taxpayer by the Income Tax Department. Now a days PAN card is serving as an identity proof. To submit Non-Aadhaar Composite Claim Form, having a PAN number is a must. Otherwise, the applicant will be charged more tax. If the services are less than of 5 years, TDS (Tax Deducted At Source) will be deducted. If you have a PAN card number, then TDS will get deducted at 10 per cent and if you submit the Form 15G then no TDS will be deducted, while if you do not have a PAN Card, then the TDS at 34.608 per cent will be deducted from your balance amount. If the total balance is less than Rs 50000, then no TDS is going to be deducted.

Employer’s Signature: The following things must be there while filling Non-Aadhaar Composite Claim Form:

a) Employers signature
b) Employers designation
c) Seal of the employer

Member Signature: While submitting Composite Claim Form (both Aadhaar/ Non-Aadhaar) should be duly signed by the EPF subscriber. This signature of the EPF subscriber will be considered as a self-certification. For partial withdrawals, no document would be required to be submitted to the EPFO offices. This Clause is applicable to both the forms, Aadhaar-based or Non-Aadhaar based Composite Claim form.

Reason for Leaving Service: While filling Non-Aadhaar Composite Claim Form purpose and amount for partial withdrawal should be mentioned in the form. The purpose can be either payment of housing loan/ purchase of the site, house or flat, alteration of house or repayment of housing loan, or closing of the factory, or illness of member or family, the marriage of son, daughter, self, brother or sister, education of children, or natural calamity etc.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

%d bloggers like this: