The Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) has taken a big decision regarding its members and their dependents. EPFO has decided to increase the Ex-Gratia Death Relief Fund. In case of any query regarding EPFO, members can log on to the official website of EPFO at epfindia.gov.in.
The EPFO has recently issued a circular, in which it has asked to increase the ex-gratia amount from Rs 4.2 lakh to Rs 8 lakh. The circular further states, an ex-gratia amount of Rs 8 lakh (Rupees eight lakh only) will be paid to the family members (nominee or legal heirs) of the deceased employee of the Central Board from the welfare fund. The cause of death is other than corona disease members should note that the instructions will come into force with immediate effect and will be applicable to prospective cases where the date of death is after the date of issue of the circular i.e. November 2, 2021. It is expected that this new decision of EPFO will now benefit about 30,000 employees across the country. The institute has also informed about this decision by issuing circular in its offices.It is worth noting that EPFO has recently tweeted about e-nomination from its official Twitter handle. The tweet said, “Why should one file e-nomination?” Now, members need to follow some simple steps to file e-nomination.
They are as follows:
One has to visit the official website of EPFO, epfindia.gov.in. Then one has to choose the ‘Services’ option. Again, one has to choose the option ‘for employees’. Now, one has to click on ‘Member UAN/Online Service (OCS/OTP)’.
- Then login with UAN and Password
- Now, under the ‘Manage Tab’ one has to select ‘e-Nomination’
- Next ‘Provide details’ tab will appear on the screen and one has to click on ‘Save’Click on ‘Yes’ to update the family declaration
- After this click on ‘Add Family Details’. It is to be noted that more than one nominee can be added
- Now, one has to click on ‘Nomination Details’ to declare the total amount of the share.
- Then click on ‘Save EPF Nomination’.Finally, click on ‘e-Sign’ to generate OTP and submit OTP on Aadhaar linked mobile number.
- Keep in mind that after this process the e-nomination will be registered with the EPFO.
- There is no need to send any documents to the employer or the former employer after e-nomination. In case of any other details and queries, EPFO members may log on to the official website of EPFO at epfindia.gov.in.